Monday, November 20, 2006

That day I fell in love....

.
I knew the sound of the "voice" of Diana Ross for years before I finally realized who this person was! When I saw her stepping through that screen during the opening act of her show "Live at Caesars Palace" I knew I was hooked for the rest of my life! This day I fell in love with a legendary performer. Never before had I seen an opening quite like that! Pictures, lasers and sound effects were the center of it all and on top of that Diana Ross, who looked very glamorous! Very Las Vegas! She opened with her rendition of the Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell classic "Ain't no mountain high enough" and continued with "Too shy to say" by Stevie Wonder! This song is so beautiful!

"You make me smile,
you make me sing,
you make me feel good every day..."

Nowadays Diana will change costumes 4 or 5 times during a show but in those days she just wore one basic outfit with a lot of extra's! After the opening the coat came of! Later on the little jacket. After that the long pants so she was only left with some kind of bathing-suite. During that show she didn't miss one word or note! She was right on! This was the show when Diana was promoting her latest album "The boss"! The title track is considered as "THE" Diana Ross song by 99% of her fans! The Three Degrees and Whitney Houston covered it "live" but it was The Braxton's (sisters of Toni Braxton) who put it out as a single a couple of years ago. Anyway, after seeing this show I started to collect all of Diana's single's, lp's, cd's, etc... and I still do! This is also the show that stood out on it's own cause till that day nobody had put together a show like that! After seeing the entire show you will realize where Madonna and others stole the idea's of putting a show together. These days the special effects are even more spectacular because of the involvement of computerized hi-fi, etc...
Here's a link to that famous performance "The boss" live at "Caesars Palace"!
PS-1: Watch how Marvin Gaye is dancing at the end!
PS-2: The guy on the roller skate's is Chico Ross Diana's brother who I have met in 2004 in Hollywood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8TYsrqJJE
.