Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Nice" is nice

.

Tomorrow I'm going to "Nice", France, to Referee "the International Ice Skating Cup of Nice". "Nice" is the city where I judged my first "World Championships" ever. That was in the year 2000! That year Worlds were normally held in Brisbane, Australia but the ISU changed it and we had to go to "Nice" instead! What a shame cause me and everybody else wanted to go to Australia! Too bad...... Anyway, I had a good time in Nice. I was drawn for the Ladies Qualifying round but never for the real event (short & free) cause my lady didn't qualify! Lucky her that it was still under the 6.0 system or she would have end up with nothing else than double jumps......... In the qualifying round that I had to judge skated Michelle Kwan and Irina Slutskaya, the two Divas in recent figure skating but more on them later. "Nice is nice" as they say and with the Great Boulevard on the beach, the "Negresco" hotel and world famous "Ville-de-France" looking down on the bay of Nice it probably is! I remember sitting in the sun enjoying 24 Oysters and a glass of Champaign for lunch. I think I will have the same again before I return home on Sunday evening.








.