Saturday, November 04, 2006

Like a virgin

.
Just last year (summer of 2005) I was invited by Curtis and Walter, two friends of mine in Hollywood, to go to a party. "Summer Jam 2005" was great and I got to meet a lot of people. I never bring my camera so it happens that when I get to meet a celebrity and/or famous person I don't have the possibility to take a picture from them. This time was no exception however Walter brought his camera... To be honest I don't care cause they are human just like you and me and also need their privacy! At this party I got introduced to Lewis (I hope I write his name right) which is a choreographer in Las Vegas. He was very friendly and is a friend of Walter's. The first time I saw him he looked familiar to me but I couldn't place him! As the evening went on and late in the evening became late at night I told Walter that Lewis looked familiar as if I had met him somewhere... Walter looked at me and gave me one of his famous looks saying: you don't know who that is? No I didn't! He said that's Lewis and was one of Madonna's dancers during her "Blond Ambition Tour" in 1990 and also appeared in her movie "In bed with Madonna". This is the tour where she promoted the single "Vogue" and almost got arrested in Montreal because the Canadians thought the show was too explicit especially the "Like a virgin" segment. This is the one where she's lying on this bed and simulates an orgasm while being touched by her dancers!

Here's the link to that famous "Like a vergin" performance. Lewis is standing on the left side of the bed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruN6V-6hEo

Madonna website:
http://www.madonna.com/home/
.