Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Wild thing..."

.
I love visiting a ZOO or places where they keep all these wild animals together. This gives the public a chance to see these wild animals from up close! However when I see animals like Dolphins, See-Otters, See-Lions, etc... that have to do some tricks to entertain the public I sometimes start wondering... Is this all necessary? Well after seeing a show with Dolphins and Sea-Lions I started to think well why not. It's obvious that these animals love to do the shows. A couple of years ago I was at Sea World in San Diego and must say that I loved it! I really liked the Orca show! Shamu was great but I lost counting how many Shamu's they have cause in each Sea World park there's at least one Orca that goes by the name Shamu! I may not forget Baby Shamu.... I know it's for publicity and marketing the parks right and try to lift it to a higher level. However the people sometimes forget that these animals or in this case mammals are wild animals even though they behave quite well in captivity and became very tame, they still have their instinct and also can have a moody day, just like all of us! If you just happen to be in the presence of an Orca when this mammal has his bad day..... oooooh get out of the way I would say!

See the power of an Orca:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00kK5TOgLUs&search

.