Monday, October 23, 2006

a special 19

I just got home from Liberec, Czech Republic and leave for Hartford, USA tomorrow to judge Skate America! This will be my 19th time in the U.S.A.!!! I can't believe that it's already my 19th time! OK... I have to admit that it is my favorite country in the world to visit but still..... 19 times is a lot! It also seems that at this time in my life 19 is a special number! Just take a look to see what I mean.

---I always felt (and still feel) that my 19th year on earth was the most special one.

---That was the year that I was allowed to do everything, going out till late at night or should I say early in the morning cause I never returned home before 9 am in the morning.

---If I did something childish or so, people still would say..... oh but he's still a child and very young! He will act like an adult later on give him some time to grow up (that did never happen!-lol)

---It was also the year that I was released from the Army which I had joined the year before! At that time it was mandatory for every 18 year old Belgian man to serve your country for at least 8 months. When you did your time in Germany it was 8 months but when you stayed in Belgium it was for 10 months . Since I stayed in Belgium I had to do the 10 months but that gave me the possibility to go home and sleep in my own bed every night and I only had to be present 4 days a week!!! The only "not so good thing" was that I had to stay in the Army for one complete weekend every month but then again.......the week afterwards I only had to be present for 3 days! LOL

---After I left the Army I was considered a real man! That's what everybody always has said..... They make you a man at the Army! Yeah right......... Anyway, I felt like I was going to conquer the world the day I walked through the gates the very last time! I never returned to pay them a visit although I had a great time there!

---As a teacher at the driving school I have met a lot of people. With some I still have contact today. Believe it or not but five of my favorite students of all time took their lessons when I was teaching for 19 years! Michaël, Tom, John, Jan and Kevin. Tom, Michaël and Kevin were going to the same school and Tom and Michaël were also class mates.

---The little kid I talked about in the "I love you" post "Dean-tje"has his birthday on March 19

---It's also the age that I consider of losing my virginity technically speaking. Although I was sexually active a couple of years before this was the year I "did it" with somebody I fell in love with! Previous experiences were just...experiments.

---At this time in my life it happened to be that the person I seem to care for the most is 19 years old at the moment!

---Two of the girls I like the most when I was young had their birthday on April 19 but we lost complete contact! Too bad cause I still think about them from time to time! Geneviéve I skated with and Els was a student from the driving school.

---As you know by now my Idol is Diana Ross and when she hit it big in the U.S. (with her group The Supremes) she was only 19 years old! This song is called "When the lovelight starts shining through is eyes" and is the song for today!

"When the lovelight starts shining through his eyes"

http://www.yousendit.com/download/t6GjO7LDQa8=

.