Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blistering Heat

.Blistering Heat in concert

If any of you think that Punk Metal is dead.......think again! A couple of weeks ago I went to see some kind of "Battle of the Stars" which took place in Sint-Katelijne-Waver. It's called DRCC which stands for "Duffelse Rock Cover Competition". The following groups made a good impression on me.

BLISTERING HEAT (Hove)
SYNTAX ERROR (Duffel)
LEAFPEOPLE (Kontich)

The Leafpeople won but I liked Blistering Heat more. They already created their own style which leans on to Metallica. In my opinion this means.... a lot of noise but still good music. There's still some melody when they play! LOL. The group is formed around front man Jan Verhoeven (guitar/singer) with Jense (drummer), Maarten (guitar, backing vocals), Pieter (bass guitar). Pieter is their youngest member (14!!!) but man can he play!!!!!! I've never seen somebody this young handling a bass guitar like that! Also front man Jan is a great musician! I think they have a great future together if they keep up the good work! I included some pictures from their performance at DRCC! If you'd like to see them "live" go to RuckRock Oct. 20th, 2006. More info about Blistering Heat and RuckRock... click here http://users.telenet.be/blisteringheat
Enjoy Blistering Heat!