Sunday, October 15, 2006

Versace

. Diana Ross in Versace
Like I said in a previous post...as a judge I sometimes stay at 5* hotels and are invited to these nice receptions and dinners. This means that you have to behave (only in public) all the time not to disturb the other guests. When you go to receptions and things like that you never know who you gonna meet there... At the Olympics I met Prince Albert from Monaco, Crown Prince Willem Alexander from The Netherlands and his wife Princes Maxima, Princes Ann from Great Britain and some others. Being in the same room with Royalty is not so different or special as it may sound to you... They're human just like all of us however they dress differently.... a little more expensive than most of us but not always wear it with style...lol. That's why I made it a point that I always will dress up no matter the occasion and it doesn't always have to be expensive to be a sharp dressed man. Normally I don't spend a lot of money on clothes..... but sometimes I do! My favorite designer is the Late Gianni Versace! I love his clothes. They're so elegant and stylish! In 1998 I judged my first European Championships in Milan, Italy and decided to buy me a black Versace suite there. After Gianni was killed in Miami his sister Donatella took over the company Gianni had built up with his brother Santo Versace. At the beginning she tried to keep the Gianni Versace look but couldn't! In my opinion she doesn't have the same talent as her brother anyway. The clothes became more and more trashy and I wasn't interested anymore! If you have seen one collection you have seen them all! Anyway, last year there was a change cause the clothes became again more elegant and glamorous! I included some picks from the Versace Spring Collection 2006 which I like very much! In the links section you will find a link to the Versace website under Fashion.