Monday, October 09, 2006

Junior Grand Prix The Hague

Just got back from The Hague yesterday where I had the chance to meet some of my good friends in figure skating. People like Liz, Steve, Walter, Mary-Karen, Fiona, Vera and many more... It's always fun cause we don't see each other that often! I think that it was about 4 or even 5 years ago that I saw Fiona for the last time. She's from South Africa and seeing her back in The Hague was great. I was very happy for her when during the initial judges draw I picked her out of the little bag so that she could serve as a judge on my panel! The word was out that there were too many judges present in The Hague and that two of them didn't had to work at all!!! Can you imagine flying in from South Africa just to find out that you can't judge because there are too many judges? Worse, because of that falling from the ISU list next year because she needed an activity to stay on that list!!!!! I think I would go crazy! As a Referee I was sure that I had to work and hard work it was! Almost 6 hours of judging for the Short program and the same for the Free program. Judging Ladies is my favorite event in figure skating but 34 Junior Ladies was a little too much!!! I can't handle them anymore..... Getting old I guess? LOL I must say that 2 really stood out and not with their performance.... One girl was wearing these "very special costumes"..... Everytime she did a spin or spiral I was thinking that her boobies were gonna fall out of her dress! I'm very openminded so it didn't bother me at all... An other girl was flirting with me during her program. We all know that it's just part of the choreography but it was fun! All judges had noticed it to! LOL When I passed her during the banquet she was affraid to look at me but during her program..... I included a picture from Madison Hubbell & Keiffer Hubbell who won the ice dance event. They are fantastic!!! Both of them are very nice people and I wish them both good luck at the Junior Grand Prix Final and U.S. Nationals! Check out the link to their website which you can find under sport!