Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Steven Spielberg"

.
As a Millennium present in 1999 I took my folks to Florida on vacation. I wanted to go somewhere else but since it was their present they got to choose! So Florida it was! We went to all theme parks and when we visited Disney's "Animal Kingdom" we had a great time! It's one of the nicest parks I've ever been to! It's half thrill rides and spectacular movie's and other attractions and half a ZOO. That day it wasn't too crowed so we got the time to do all the attractions and shows but also to relax and enjoy the view... It was during one of those relaxing moments that my eye caught a familiar face! At first I wasn't sure so I asked my father if he knew this certain man I pointed out to him? After only one look he said; that's Steven Spielberg! I was thinking exactly the same! This man was strolling along with his family and was enjoying "Animal Kingdom" just as much as we did! After a couple of hours the coincidence was that both "this man" and his family and me with my folks got to wait in line for the same attraction only "he" was ahead of us. As you know by waiting in line you sometimes cross the same people over and over again! The same happened with "this man". At the beginning it was easy to see that he was a little afraid that we would say something and maybe ask him for an autograph or picture, but since we didn't he relaxed. I respect everybody's privacy! By the time he got to the ride, we had passed him about 10 times and the last time we did he said hello and "thanks you for not telling who I am!" He was there to enjoy his day so it's not up to me to start screaming Steven, Steven, Steven! Anyway, we haven't seen him afterwards. That night back in our hotel it was on the news that "Steven Spielberg" was in Orlando and that he had visited one of the Disney Theme Parks that day! In 2004 I had the chance to meet Steven again when I was having breakfast somewhere in Malibu. He sat at the table next to me! He was very friendly and very down to earth!

Today's song is "If we hold on together (movie mix)" by Diana Ross which was the title track to one of Stevens animated movies "The land before time":
http://download.yousendit.com/3E0FB8D15A798B83

.