Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tokyo-Disneyland

.
It always had been a dream to visit all Disney Theme Parks in the world so when I found out that I had to judge NHK Trophy 1992 in Tokyo I started to think that this maybe would give me the chance to go visit "Tokyo Disneyland". Up on my arrival in Tokyo I found out that I had to judge Ladies and Men leaving me no time to go see Disneyland. Too bad for me. When we had the initial judges meeting I happened to sit next to Gale Tanger from United States. I never had met Gale before but she's very nice! I explained her about my first visit to Japan and how thrilled I was being there but that I didn't had any days off to go and see something. That's when she suggested to try and ask Sally Stapleford who was there to conduct a seminar to replace me in the Men's event with a judge in the Pairs event! That was a great idea only......... I never had judged Pairs before! Was I capable of doing so.... Well I knew that one day I will have to judge them anyway so why not now??? So I asked in front of everybody if it was possible that I could judge Pairs instead of Men. Everybody, included Sally, gave me a look like if they were thinking.... "WHO'S THIS JUDGE FROM BELGIUM... IS HE CRAZY OR WHAT..." cause nobody wants to judge Pairs. Neither did I but I had a good reason! A day off in Tokyo! More than one judge was happy to change with me and I got my day off! That Sunday I went to see Tokyo Disneyland with American Coach Kathy Casey and Korean skater Lily Lyoonjung Lee. We had a great time but it was soooooooo crowded that we only managed to do 3 or 4 attractions. We did; "Splash Mountain", "Space Mountain", "Star Tours" and "Big Thunder Mountain". It was also fun hearing all these familiar Disney songs sung in Japanese! This was hilarious... Kathy and I were very lucky that Lily came along cause we didn't speak any Japanese and Lily speaks it fluently

.